In today’s tough times, most are struggling to make ends meet, even if they are currently employed with a regular source of income. For some, a job is no longer an option and they prefer to venture into other money-earning ideas that can potentially replace their job income.
This article outlines the top 5 online money making ideas that many creative people use to earn extra (or full-time) income to make ends meet or put food on the table.
The Internet has not only changed the way we communicate and search for information, but it has also offered many income opportunities to those who are willing to take advantage of it.
- autonomous – One of the most common ways to earn money besides having a traditional job is offering your services as a freelancer. If you are an artist, you can position yourself as an artist for hire. Building an online portfolio is extremely critical to being an artist for hire. An illustrator needs to be able to show potential clients what he can offer them if she accepts them as a client. Freelance authors and web publishers are constantly looking for people to design book covers, websites, and logos for them. This is a great source of income for someone who enjoys doing graphic design. My friend, you do this quite successfully and by having your own website that drives organic traffic you put yourself above many other freelance graphic artists. Self-publishing of books has skyrocketed in recent years. There are many independent authors looking for publishers who would like to publish their work for a more affordable price than the norm in the publishing world. You can edit works or ghostwrite to help the author create the whole book if he knows what he is doing.
At the lower end of this scale, you can take on article writing jobs and help online publishers, such as niche website owners and bloggers, continually feed their sites with new, quality content. The key here is quality content, to build ongoing relationships with your customers and build your reputation.
Freelance writing is a great money making idea because you can completely control the amount of work you do. If you’re just starting out, websites like Odesk.com and Elance.com are great places to land your start-up jobs. Pricing your service competitively will help you attract clients and build your reputation on these freelancing job boards, but if you’re considering going down this path for the long haul, I’d suggest building your own website to build your reputation, attract more clients. , and turn it into a real business that can potentially replace your day job.
There are many services you can offer as an online freelancer. If you are a developer or programmer, you will definitely make more money online by offering software development services.
- Become an online retailer – Have you ever bought something on Amazon and eBay? Most of these sellers are people just like you and me who operate their own bookstores, electronics stores, or computer retail stores out of their homes. There are two ways to start selling things as an online retailer: one is to buy stock and hold inventory to ship it yourself or become a drop shipping provider where you partner with a drop shipping provider who will ship your inventory to your buyers from their locations. warehouses. Option two is a lot of work, but can be tricky when it comes to pricing, delivery, and item quality, since you don’t actually get to see (or touch) your products before you ship them to your customers.
The best way to get started with this money-making idea is to start selling junk that you can find around your home (ladies, I don’t mean your husbands!). The average person has a lot of things in her home that she never uses. Items like vintage jewelry, unseen DVDs, and unused craft items are perfect. You can also buy things that are in the sale bins and sell them online at regular prices or get things from your local thrift stores or library sales.
The key is being able to check the current prices of the items you want to resell before you buy them to make sure you’re actually making a profit. This is where your smartphone will come in handy, all you have to do is download price comparison/scanning apps like FOB Scan.
- Sell Fiverr Gigs – Yes, Fiverr concerts! It might not sound like much, but Fiverr gigs are no longer capped at $5 a pop. You can offer your initial service or product at the standard price of $5, but you can offer upgrades for $20 to $50 a pop. Some of the jobs you can offer are dubbing, small graphic jobs, short videos, SEO boosts, and other quick little jobs you can do for a few minutes of your time.
- Open a YouTube channel – As I mentioned in my previous article, YouTube users watch more than 4 billion hours of video per month, so there are always people willing to watch your videos. A person who plans to make money from YouTube needs to decide on a niche or what they want to talk about in their videos. Do you want to show a tutorial or give a comment? If someone legally owns all of your material, then they are eligible for the partner program.
With fresh ideas and constant promotions, an internet entrepreneur can open a YouTube store in a matter of minutes. Although it may take a lot of work, the payout after a while can be quite high, but just like any other content marketing business, 10 YouTube videos will not make you happy. It’s always a numbers game, think of it as having your own TV show where you are the host, producer and owner of the channel. You can read this article to learn more about how to make money from YouTube.
- Create and sell your own products – Many online marketers have found that they can make money faster by creating their own products than by creating specialized blogs or websites. This, of course, is beyond the realities of most beginning online marketers, but if you have some free time, creating products isn’t really as difficult as you may think. Creating an info product (eBook or membership site) on a topic you know and love will reward you a hundred times more. Come to think of it, if you have a product of your own, many other affiliate marketers are willing to sell their products on their websites and email lists for a commission which helps you reach a very wide audience that is impossible to reach. your own.
There are many more money making ideas that people use to make money online, but these are by far the best ideas that you can put to work for you right away, especially the top 3. Creating and publishing your own blog or website is the best. way to build a business system that will create an incredible source of passive income in the near future, but the top 3 ideas listed above will help you make money right away.
Offering freelance services on established freelance job boards helps you tap into their traffic, as they are the “go” places for people looking to outsource things they don’t like to do themselves.
Retailing on Amazon or eBay can also attract sales faster than if you’re going to build your own online store, as they already have traffic from shoppers whose mindset is to search for products they want to buy online. It’s free to list products on Amazon and you only get charged when you actually sell something, while eBay will charge you a few cents when you list a product for sale.
Fiverr, on the other hand, is the “go” place in the world for small jobs that people want to outsource. It may not be as promising as the first two money making ideas listed here, but they do pay for every gig you offer.